WorkSpaces Manager appliance can be deployed via a CloudFormation template through the AWS Marketplace.
The deployment process includes the following elements:
• AMI for EC2 (it includes IIS, the .NET application and MS-SQL Express)
• Security group with rules for the appliance to work with other elements
• CloudWatch Logging to monitor different parts (Policy, Access Logs, etc.)
• IAM Roles (to access different WorkSpaces APIs, Cost Explorer and S3 Buckets)
This is the default deployment mechanism, however, if preferred, Nuvens can work with Clients to manually deploy a High Availability stack to include;
• RDS for the database back-end
• Network Load Balancer for application and SSL Offloading (it requires a proper SSL Certificate or a request in ACM)
• 2 EC2 instances
The third option is to build the application and dependencies as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and re-deploy instances programmatically, while the other two elements are static (Database and Network Load Balancer).
Post your comment on this topic.